Re: Need help with front end clunk

From: McStyer@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 03:36:20 EDT

<< 've got a 96 Club Cab 4x4 that has slowly developed a major clunk in the
 front suspension. >>

I used to have an 88 chevy fullsize 2 wheel drive, and was having the same
problems you described in the rest of your post (When it felt like the front
wheels hopped going into a turn, my bowels headed south :) ) I took the
shortes route home and took off the wheels, the passenger side wheel bearing
was shredded. I don't know how things work up front with a 4x4, and I've only
done this on a chevy, it's an easy fix if you can change disc brakes. And the
new bearings are under $10. I went ahead and changed both sides to be safe.
Hope it helps.

Mike S.
Got rid of the 88 Chevy 5.7
Got the 93 Dodge Dakota 3.9 5-speed and am loving it