What should I do WAS:Need help with front end clunk

From: Geoffrey Hackbart (ghack2@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 04:00:24 EDT

Well, I have heard a clunk on my front end, too. I have a 98 DAK CC 2wd
and I was turning around in a dead-end street. I went from right to left
and my friend said that he heard a clunk. Not really an earth shattering
one, but it was noticable. Then, I stopped and turned the wheel
full-cocked from right to left, again and again. I heard it a few times.
Looks like something else for the damn dealer to look at. I'm just tired
of having to take this thing in again and again. I am tempted to ask for
an EW, but I am noit really the type to bitch. So, what should I do? I
would appreciate any help.

Later,
Geoffrey
~~~~~98 DAK CC 3.9L~~~~~

><< 've got a 96 Club Cab 4x4 that has slowly developed a major clunk in
the
> front suspension. >>
>

>I used to have an 88 chevy fullsize 2 wheel drive, and was having the
same
>problems you described in the rest of your post (When it felt like the
front
>wheels hopped going into a turn, my bowels headed south :) ) I took the
>shortes route home and took off the wheels, the passenger side wheel
bearing
>was shredded. I don't know how things work up front with a 4x4, and
I've only
>done this on a chevy, it's an easy fix if you can change disc brakes.
And the