Need help with brakes PLEASE

From: McStyer@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 04:03:55 EDT

It's been a sad, irritated weekend. Went on a scouting campout and got stuck
hauling the 2+ tons of wood. After going about 2 miles I realized it was
about a thrid as much as my truck could handle. Stopped at a red light,
looked down and saw something the dummy lights for the ABS and the emergency
brake. I'm taking it into a brake shop tomorrow to see what they say is
wrong.

I went ahead and towed the trailer (after losing a ton of wood) and couldn't
feel a difference int eh way the brakes handled, but the lights stayed on the
entire way. After I got rid of the trailer, I noticed a ticking sound from
the rear of the truck that would come on and off. The brake fluid is full.
Could the stress from the added weight of the trailer been too much for my
poor Dak, perhaps the ABS control unit? Any help would be GREATLY
appreciated, as I have been worrying about this for 3 days now. The only good
thing that came out of this trip is that I know what I feel safe towing.
Thanks,

Mike S.
1993 V6 5-speed CC Sport