RE:'97 + rear exterior mirrors + badging

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northc.com)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 07:55:08 EDT

Both my mirrors BROKE! It had rained, then iced. The sun hit them and
I started the truck.
Both CRACKED diagnally. Dealer replaced them (With the wrong one on one
side YUCK) He corrected that promptly. This happened about 6 months
after I bought the truck.

This reminds me of something else too: Anyone else ever have a stealth
V8 from the factory?

My V8 came with v8 badging on the driver's side and v6 badging on the
pass. side, great for spanking. They fixed that REAL QUICK. I thought
maybe my truck was made on a friday afternoon, but so far it has been
fine.

So, did I have a V7 or a V14???

-travis

>Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 07:46:10 -0700
>From: Mike Burgess <ax778@lafn.org>
>Subject: DML: '97 + rear exterior mirrors
>
>Anyone have the following troubles with the outside mirrors:
>
> The mirror surface seems to be made of a soft plastic, which
>gets microsopic surface scratches. These are not noticable untill a
low
SNIP