RE: RE: Jules...Gone...I think here's why.

From: whiskyjack@iname.com
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 18:13:42 EDT

<snip>
   Mike,

  The exact same thing happens to me every time I tow my trailer.
(It uses a 7-way plug). What happens is that it blows the ABS fuse
in the truck. It doesn't do it right away, but it doesn't take very
long. I've been meaning to go over the trailer with a multimeter to
see what's going on, but I suppose there could be a problem with the
truck too.
I can't see how a short in your trailer wiring can cause your ABS fuse to blow ... they are not wired together(as least not in the factory set-up). Maybe you have a broken wire in the ABS circuitry that shorts out with a load on the truck ... ie weight of the trailer on the hitch.