RE: RE: Jules...Gone...I think here's why.

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 21:28:00 EDT

Hehehe, you're initial conclusions would prob. be exactly right! I tried
putting together the motor using advice from the local "experts" and the
folks here. Never did get anything that ran worth a crap (drivability
sucked with the Vortech, and it sounded like a bucket of bolts rattling
around at idle). And the $11K didn't include my time screwing around
with it, and not having the truck. Less than impressed, and definately
qualifies in my books as a "never again" kind of experience.

Anyway, point was that sometimes its worthwhile paying a bit extra and
getting something that works out of the box. I really pity the people in
the automotive business that know anything 'cause they end up doing lots
of free consulting; tons of folks that think nothing of phoning up,
taking a bunch of time scraping the guys brain for info, and then
hitting the local WalMart looking for the best price on the part the guy
in the business was so nice to tell them about. Then, when they have
trouble getting the part installed, they aren't back talking to the
WalMart sales associated (a.k.a. "Mr. Duh"), but rather back at the poor
automotive guy.

Just my opinion, and YMMV...

Craig