I hate Street Scene

From: Ben Vaughan (webmaster@dakattack.com)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 21:49:56 EDT

Please, for the love of pete, NEVER buy anything from Street Scene...I got
my mirrors today...Problem #1, the instructions say you need a #30 Torx
Screwdriver...I go buy a #30 Torx Screwdriver...too big...go buy a #25,
works great....Ok, then I take the door panels off, it says to use an 8mm
socket to take off the nuts holding the mirror on...try an 8mm, it doesn't
work...Try a 10mm, it works...Ok, I have the mirror off. Now, I have to
attach the mirror to the plate...It says to use the nuts included and I do
so...got that part...Now it says to use to stock nuts to connect the plate
to the truck...Well suprise, the nuts are way too small...By this time, it
is 8 o'clock...no hardware stores open....GRRRREAT...I try Wal-Mart...no
luck..but I see some nuts that are close to the size..I screw them
on...screws fine, for a minute...Then it wouldn't go down any farther...Try
to take it off, it won't come off...Now I have one side with no mirror, and
one side with a mirror barely connected by a nut I can't take off...Needless
to say, I AM VERRRRY MAD!!!!!!! Street Scene will be recieving a letter
from me tomorrow, provided I am able to get that nut off (Any Suggestions?)
and the mirror on. I am going to try and drive it to school
tomorrow...Also, the instructions included with it SUCK! I am very very
mad...I really need to figure out how to remove that nut though....Please
help!!!
Thanks,
Ben Vaughan

mailto:webmaster@dakattack.com