Re: Re[2]: The Good News about MPG...

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 00:48:23 EDT

At 07:42 PM 10/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Just to short-circuit any objections, I don't care if the MPG thread goes
>around weekly! IMO these great rigs should be capable of much better
>economy when your easy on the throttle.
>
>Now, instead of bragging about high MPG, as usually happens, why don't the
>"high MPG" guys say what size engine and any mods you've done that might
>contribute to your great numbers??? As you may know by now, I'd really
>like to solve my MPG wows. My stats are as follows:
>
>'98 318 V8 CC 4x4 Auto 3.55 gears... Best(highway): 14.93 MPG, Worst: 9.29
>MPG, Average after 7,311 miles: 12.22 MPG. Engine mods: 180 Stat, FABM
>10", JBA Headers.
>
>Thanks!
>
>T.
>
>P.S. The truth must be known... Even if I can't improve the MPG like I
>want to, I LOVE THIS TRUCK, MAN!!

Hmmm.....

Alrighty....

93 Dak CC 5.2L 2wd auto 3.55 gears 87,000 miles... Best highway: 22.4 mpg,
Worst (city): 12.2 mpg
Average since I've owned it: 16-18 mpg(lots of city driving) Engine mods:
MP SBEC, K&N FIPK, 180 stat, JBA's, Accell Super Electronic coil, Moroso
Blue Max wires, Autolite Platnum plugs.

And I have a heavy foot!

I don't particularly care about gas mileage, I bought the truck to have a
modern Mopar hot rod. It's nice to pull 20 mpg on road trips, though!!

Brian