Re[2]: The Good News about MPG...

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 20:42:15 EDT

Just to short-circuit any objections, I don't care if the MPG thread goes
around weekly! IMO these great rigs should be capable of much better
economy when your easy on the throttle.

Now, instead of bragging about high MPG, as usually happens, why don't the
"high MPG" guys say what size engine and any mods you've done that might
contribute to your great numbers??? As you may know by now, I'd really
like to solve my MPG wows. My stats are as follows:

'98 318 V8 CC 4x4 Auto 3.55 gears... Best(highway): 14.93 MPG, Worst: 9.29
MPG, Average after 7,311 miles: 12.22 MPG. Engine mods: 180 Stat, FABM
10", JBA Headers.

Thanks!

T.

P.S. The truth must be known... Even if I can't improve the MPG like I
want to, I LOVE THIS TRUCK, MAN!!