Re: Aftermarket ignitions

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 08:30:44 EDT

Jon
If you 're looking towards Jacobs but are wqorried about their "less 10%
restocking charge" on refunds, buy the Jacobs stuff from Summitt. They
will give you a 100% refund, no questions asked even on Jacobs.

Richard

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 19:17:25 -0400 (EDT) Jon Steiger
<stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu> wrotes:

> Believe it. :-)
>
> Actually, yeah they do seem to work on most vehicles, but for
>some reason, they don't seem to help on the Magnum engines. (Well,
>they will make it run smoother, may increase gas mileage, etc. but
>if quickness and power is your thing, they usually hurt to the tune of
>
>2 tenths, or if you're lucky, they don't do anything at all.)
>
> If you believe it'll help, then by all means, go for it! (I've
>considered getting one just to improve gas mileage and reduce cranking
>time. But if I did, it'd have a switch so I could use the stock one
>when I want power.) Just a word of advice: Make sure that the place
>you buy it will allow you to return it if you're not satisfied. (for a
>
>*full* refund, preferably!! "Jacobs, I'm looking in your
>direction...") ;-)
>Also, don't rely on seat-of-the-pants to judge the difference. A
>smooth
>engine may "seem" more powerful, but unless you take it to the
>track or put it on a dyno, you're just guessing.
>
> Good luck with whatever you decide!
>

> -Jon-
>
> .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu
> | Jon Steiger * AOPA, DoD, EAA, MP Race Team, NMA, SPA, USUA *
>RP-SEL |
> | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.58@93.55), '96 Kolb FireFly 447
> |
> `--------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/
>---'

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]