RE: Chris, too big?was: big TB, any theories?

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 11:59:29 EDT

Chris,
We are trying to get a "volunteer" to try a 93 stage one TB out on a stock
motor. Frank has a stage one unit built up. We aren't letting the big guys
loose until we can predict what they will do to unsuspecting DMLers. Jon S
is our primary Stage 2 318 guinea pig. So far it appears that the stage 2
on a 318 requires the full package of mods to make it work well. Stage one
seems to be a good thing across the board, and provides results about like
the DIY port and polish. in fact, without the mods the stage one makes you
go faster than the stage 2 (way too big).. The stage one may be more
restrictive than some of the DIY TBs since we dont shave the top off and
blend the inlet. Franks TB configuration is designed for the stock hat or
the Kenne Bell "vertical" entry hat. All of the flow bench data was taken
with a vertical inlet config. Chris, whats your mod list like...?
Bruce