Re: RE: JET CHIP failures was:98 problems

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 18:55:31 EDT

<< Leonard,
 I had a problem, maybe or maybe not the same. I washed my truck and then
 started it, got the Check engine light and it barely ran. reseated the chip
 and it still barely ran. Removed the chip and it ran fine. repeated this
 procedure 6 times and no change. Dryed off the chip (and my computer)
 reseated the chip and the Check engine light came on and it didnt really
 run... Sent the chip back. they said it was fine and wasnt seated properly.
 I put the chip back in (skeptically) and its worked fine ever since, even
 after 3 washes and 2 rain storms. Hmmmm. I like the chip, but its got me a
 little nervous, especially with my wife doing a majority of the driving in
 the R/T these days. Luckilly she can turn a wrench! Was your failure
 moisture related??
 BKB

I, too, had exact same problem as Bruce, sent the module back, was informed
the module was ok and that they would send me another one. They said my
original one probably wasn't seated, so this time I squirted some Slick 50
lubricant at the tangs which snap into the SBEC and they engaged perfectly
whereas before, I couldn't get that to happen.
Steve in Houston