Re: hey Andre Mauboussin

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 11:05:09 EDT

I'd be glad to help you any way I can. I don't know what year your truck is, but
I think I can point you in the right direction. Here's a list of what I did with
the resulting performance gains:

Mopar Performance Computer(SBEC)- This is by far the easiest mod to make and
provides great bang for the buck. The computer is located in the engine
compartment. Just disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and swap in the
new computer. Hook up your negative terminal again and boogey. I beleive MP SBECs
are available through the 97 year model. NOTE: You will have to run premium fuel!

This mod was worth 3/10 or better in the 1/4 mile. Cost is around $225.00

Exhaust Mods: Huge gains available here. What I did was the following. Replace
everything from the exhaust manifolds back:
Use 2 1/4" pipe from the manifolds into a 2 1/4x2 1/4x 3" Flowmaster Y-pipe
(have the exhaust shop relocate your O2 sensor(s) as necessary
Then go 3" pipe into a 3" high flow Catalytic Convertor