Re: Home Grown K+N Filter Setup (John)

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 18:24:08 EDT

Bob,
Yes I too was concerned that the aluminum was a little soft and would crush.
But, in reality, it is very stout. I cranked on the hose clamps pretty good
and the tubing is holding it's shape very well. I was not too worried about
the small ridges as I did not pull the tubing to make it longer, so the
ridges stay compressed together and it is quite a bitt smoother than the
stock tubing. Yes, I did see a performance gain. The throttle is more
responsive and much smoother than when the stock air box was in there.
John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, home brew FIPK2 and really loud annoying
horns.