re: RE: Blazer Horns- Install ??

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 00:10:00 EDT

John & Russ,

Thanks both for your replies.
I looked over my install this AM and got the honker working. Best guess is
that the ground wire was actually on a non-metallic surface. Once I moved
the ground connector, it worked fine. Russ, what year Dak do you have? Mine
is a '95 & I did my install similar to John's - maintained the current Mopar
relay in the fuse panel & skipped the one supplied by Blazer.

I mounted the compressor where the stock horn had bolted on. Pulled the
battery out, drilled 2 holes thru the battery tray (down in the drain
recesses, so the battery & bolt/nut don't contact) and then mounted the
horns to the underside of the battery tray. Lots of space to work with and
it kept everything close together.

I was kinda ticked when at first it didn't work. After the initial install I
drove out to the main street to test it (didn't want to be blasting the
neighbors) & some A--hole in a Bronco II runs a Stop sign in front of me,
boy I wanted to let him have it - but the horn didn't work!
Oh well, I'm ready for him next time!

later,
Duff