Re[4]: DML:Stage One TB offering Preview

From: rking@jjsnack.com
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 15:45:46 EDT

     Thanks for setting me straight. I sit corrected.

                        Rob

Subject: Re: Re[2]: DML:Stage One TB offering Preview
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net > at Internet-Link
Date: 10/21/98 6:21 PM

In a message dated 10/21/98 4:11:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
rking@jjsnack.com writes:

<< Yo, stainless IS a surface treatment. Disrupt it (sanding, grinding
      etc.) and you could very well promote rusting.

                                 Rob >>
Not! Stainless steel is an Alloy with mostly steel and some chromium I think.
Some lower grades of stainless do rust (just much slower than steel).

However, the surface rusting phenomonon associated with sanding or grinding on
stainless is usually due to using a grinding wheel or sandpaper that has been
previously used on carbon steel. The steel particles become embedded in the
stainless surface. They then rust and it appears as if the stainless is
rusting.

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Auto