Re: [Fwd: ]

From: rking@jjsnack.com
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 16:17:06 EDT

     Sure would like more info on the electric fan swap. Ive been
     considering this for some time but afraid I might create a worse
     problem than I currently have with temperature. I have a '95 5.2L
     with underdrive pulleys and 180 deg. thermostat. It runs cool as a
     cucumber in the summer as long as I'm actually moving. Get stuck in
     traffic for longer than 8 minutes though and I can watch the temp
     gauge climb way up. After that must turn off A/C , open windows and
     sun roof (thank God for that) and blast heater to keep temp within
     reasonable limits. This all occured when I switched to U/D pulleys.
     I'm running two bottles of Watter Wetter and still experience the
     problem. I thought a (hopefully) trouble-free electric fan might do
     the job in those traffic jams. The few extra horses I'd get from it
     would just be gravy. I just want to get the right one for the job.
     By that I mean the correct CFM and current draw. Current draw is a
     concern because of the underdrive ( affects the alternator output
     some). What type fan do you run etc? I'll look into this. Thanks!

                        Rob