Re[2]: RE: Re: 99 Invoice Price List -Reply

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 14:53:18 EDT

Whether you trust him or not go ahead and ask him for a copy of the dealers
invoice on the vehicle your interested in... If he says, no, I'd take my
business elsewhere... Also, I never had this happen to me, but, a buddy of mine
told me he got a photocopy of an invoice but the dealer had covered up the
itemized prices in the right hand column... If they start playing any games
like that, I'd again be looking for another place to do business.

Getting a copy does to things:
1. You've got something to refer to and compare with when you get home or check
out another dealership.
2. If they stall or don't want to show it to you, it says something bad (in my
book) about the dealership and I'd be a bit nervous making a deal.

Ain't car shopping fun... NOT! :-)

T.