RE: Good All Season Tires

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 13:46:55 EDT

Dave,
I too run a 2WD truck. For years now I have put a good All-Terrain tire on
my truck and run them all year. They are also sized so I can rotate them
for maximum mileage. I have run the BF Goodrich All-Terrain Radials in the
past and the traction was exceptional. A little more noise that some tires,
but it didn't bother me. Presently, I'm running Goodyear Wrangler GSA's.
Current size is 245/70. With the steering locked they rub the frame a
little. I know how far I can crank the wheel without rubbing and stop at
that point. No problem.
Also, what makes a big difference is placing 500lbs. over the rear axle.
This adds incredible traction to a 2WD truck. I'll do this anytime I'm
going off road into anything "nasty". You'd be suprised what you can go
through like this. This type of tire offers very good on/off road traction
and handling. I believe you would be equally pleased.
Rich - Ashburn, VA