Dyno of Frank's TB

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 13:54:45 EDT

Bridges, Bruce wrote:

> Bob,
> Thanks a lot for the research! Looking forward to the dyno data!
> What type of dyno are you gong to use??

Bruce,

Will be running on a DynoJet. Same unit we used a few weeks back, just a
different company. At least on the phone these guys seem more competant
than the guy I used last time.

Last night I remembered that the earlier pulls were done just before the
JBA and JET chip install. So my baseline for next week should be higher.
Earlier we got max corrected HP of 189.2 and max torque of
242.5 @ 4100 rpm. This on a '98 318 auto.

The new baseline will have only the JBA headers added in. Will be
interesting to see if we get more than 10 hp improvement with the
headers. Based on Frank's 30 hp increase on his 360 with the TB, I'm
remembering how much improvement I felt with the headers. I really don't
expect it to be over 200 hp baseline.

Bottom line for those taking notes: if you're considering mods, this TB
looks to be the best bang for the buck by a mile. But it will need some
of the other mods for it to be fully appreciated(ie. JET chip, cat-back
at a minimum).

Bob