Re: RE: the jules page

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 21:23:41 EDT

Yepper. I gotta' admit that web page is even more outta' line than the
worst of Jules' responses... It is still my opinion that Jules was
provoked unnecessarily (and behind the back, BTW)! Therefore, anything
taken from this recent festival is, by it's very nature, out of context
*and* IMHO out of line.

I don't know who the web page author is but I do have one question, do you
have to work for a living and have to put food on the table for yourself
and possibly others? That's not a slam, just a question. My point is,
Jules sells a product and he necessarily lives and dies by the quality of
his products... Your page (currently) deals strictly with commentary by
someone who has never purchased a *product* from MPI. Moreover, the
response from MPI was the end result of a fairly nasty exchange and is
therefore suspect as to it's true representation of the outfit. Your page
makes no mention as to the context of the overall exchange, which I think
it should -- for fairness sake. Don't get me wrong, the initial MPI
dude didn't ask for this fest... It was handed to him on a silver platter
by the DML!

Bottom line is, I remember the good 'ole days when Jules would post a few
cryptic responses to something and the DML would go round and round trying
to figure out why he said so and so... The end result (as frustrating as
it was) was that there was a lot of thinking going on and *ultimately* a
lot of learning going on too (for me anyway).

T.

P.S. By now everyone has gotta' be thinking I'm his next door neighbor or
we got a business deal for 50-50 of the company.... sorry, wrong! Don't
know him and I've never bought anything from MPI (I'm a bargain hunter and
take my chances w/quality). Hell, I've never even been to TX (well I might
have, but I was too drunk and none of my buddys would tell me where we went
afterwards... I wasn't driving, though... God I'm getting paranoid!).