Re: TECH ISSUE!-lockers on Dak?

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 13:29:27 EDT

Howdy Mike (damn that sounds silly coming from a Yankee like me, don't it :-),

Anyway, you've got the term right... There are three manufactures that I know
of: Detroit lockers, Lockrite lockers and ARB air lockers... I haven't
installed lockers yet on my 4x4 as I am holding out for what are supposed to be
the "next generation" of "gearless" lockers... From somebody else's post you
may want to flip a message to the Ram mailing list (DiRT ?) as they seem to
focus on 4wheeling/towing and I suspect a number of those guys have probably
installed lockers and can give the +/- of them... just a thought. You may also
want to consider a limited slip for that rear diff... I know a lot of DML'rs
have a LSD and perhaps you could get a few to comment on how well they work?

Good luck.

T.