Re: RE:Drag Shifting?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 16:26:42 EDT

At 01:01 PM 10/23/98 -0400, you wrote:
[...]
>With a Lenco the only time a clutch is used is when the car is setting
>still. On a Pro Stock once the clutch is released and the car is
>launched the clutch is not touched again until the race is over or the
>engine blew. The Lencos are shifted without releasing the clutch.

   I don't know anything about Lencos besides what I just read in your
post (which is a lot more than I knew before) :-), so I was wondering,
can you downshift with a Lenco, or is it a "one shot deal" where you
set it up on the starting line, run through the gears, and you're done?
Do they have a reverse?

   The reason I'm asking is I wonder if it would be feasable to use
one in a street driven vehicle, or wether it would be more trouble than
its worth. Also, any idea how much they cost?

 Thanks!!

                                               -Jon-