Re: RE:Drag Shifting?

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 18:14:39 EDT

> I don't know anything about Lencos besides what I just read in your
>post (which is a lot more than I knew before) :-), so I was wondering,
>can you downshift with a Lenco, or is it a "one shot deal" where you
>set it up on the starting line, run through the gears, and you're done?
>Do they have a reverse?
>
> The reason I'm asking is I wonder if it would be feasable to use
>one in a street driven vehicle, or wether it would be more trouble than
>its worth. Also, any idea how much they cost?
>
> Thanks!!
>

> -Jon-

You can downshift a Lenco as far as I know... They have a reverse gear.
They're streetable, too. Cost is somewhat prohibitive!! Something like
$4000(new), a bit less used. What offsets the cost is that they can take
around 2000+hp and you can play with the internal gear ratios. Oh yeah,
they can be engaged in any order.... Like 3rd gear, then 1st gear, then
4th gear.... Other than doin 2nd (3rd??) gear burnouts, not sure why that
that would be beneficial.

My knowledge of Lencos could be wrong....I learned about them from Hot Rod...

Brian