Re: Ignition Coil (need FTH's input)

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 24 1998 - 07:46:15 EDT

<< I've been thinking about installing a hotter coil in my 1997 4x4 Dakota
 with 318 v8. I'm opting to replace the coil only because the general
 consensus is that replacement ignition systems don't help performance.

 1. I know that some of you DMLers have done the coil replacement. If
 you have, what coil did you use and what kind of performance changes
 resulted.

Frank H. and I discussed this recently and he suggested a Crane HI-6 ignition
with Crane coil (forgot mod. no.). Perhaps he will follow up on this thread.
Steve in Houston