Re: Overload/Helper Springs Question

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat Oct 24 1998 - 08:22:27 EDT

I had the leaf springs beefed up a few years ago on two compact p/u's we
used at work... It's been awhile, but as I recall it wasn't very expensive
maybe $2-300 per truck (didn't go to a dealer though) and these puppies
barely sagged at all under full, possibly overload conditions.

PLEASE NOTE: If you don't have a load in the bed, the ride is almost bone
shattering! So, for a POV, I wouldn't "beef-em-up" unless you are *always*
hauling stuff.

$.02

T.