drag strip times

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 25 1998 - 01:31:53 EDT

i finally went out to the drag strip... went out to milan dragway
today, ran a total of 13 good runs, and one foul..
i average about 17.4 in the 1/4, my average speed was about 77, my
reaction time averaged about .943, my best was .586, which i was happy
with for the first time...... oh yea my truck is a 94, cc, v6, 2wd,
with a 10" fabm, and glasspack muffler... so i guess it wasn't too bad
for the first time out.. i'll have to do some more mods now....

so now a few questions...
any other v6 guys have 1/4 mile times?? or anyone know if this is
decent?? also what would be a perfect reaction time?? what's the best
way to take off at the light?? i just punched it as the last yellow
turned, but still got a lot of wheel hop... my auto went all the way
to the rev limiter every shift, so i guess that is good... well any
comments or suggestions are appreciated...

mike k
94, cc, v6, 2wd, auto, needing to be faster.....