RE: Re: TB gasket trims and etc...

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 15:26:51 EST

GS,
Definitly check out your gasket and TB alignment. My gasket was sticking in
to the stock TB bore by about 1/16 of an inch on the IAC side and the
manifold was about .02 too small on each bore. Easy fix (although once I
get the final TB worked out Im pinning it down ala the Jman's
reccomendations, hopefully to an M1 if they ever arrive and they "work"...).
for transistion turbulence and higher velocities into the plenum. Lots of
blueprinting opps on the magnum v8s it appears! Every gasket Ive seen (new)
for the TB is a little different and varies in both thickness and features
around the IAC. They all seem to need to be trimmed in one place or
another. Seems like the Mopar engineers figured these motors were just
going into trucks or something...
BKB