Re: Hockey and stuff and VW's

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 10:58:33 EST

<snip>

>Another thing that you forget about VW's (especially the
>beetles) is there off-road ability. I will put my 2 wheel drive baja
>beetle (which I paid $200 for) against any 4X4 truck. I know that I

<unsnip>

>Fleg
>93 Dodge Dakota
>69 Baja Bug (FarFrumStopn)

But Fleg. I guess it would make a difference as to what your definition of
offroad is. If you're just driving through the desert that's one thing, but
I can't see you taking a VW to scale the mountains in Utah. It would get
seriously damaged underneath with all the rocks and such. We've taken the
'95 through some pretty serious mud puddles that would envelope a small car.

It all boils down to what you want to use your vehicle for. Mind you, it
sure would be nice to have a nice lowered R/T as well. Damn, see what you
guys are making me wish for. :)

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd