RE: pinging:used to be MPG

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 11:04:25 EST

Well , it only happens at WOT and when the engine is warmed up .

I was in bumper to bumper traffic the other day due to a Caravan and an
Aerostar mixing it up on I-85 which closed four lanes of traffic .

I sat there for almost an hour and it was about 75 degrees outside .

My a/c was off .

After I broke free , I noticed the pinging more pronounced than ever at WOT .

It wasn't the kind of pinging I am used to hearing , it almost sounded like
a small exhaust leak or something .

At any rate , if some guy at a dealership tries to tell me that the
solution is to run high octane when the manual says that only 87 is
required , then it will suck to be him .