Re: Re: Tire Upgrade..

From: Chris lang (langcj@clarkson.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 19:49:34 EST

Nick,

Theres a complete write up on the web from walter felix here's the address
http://www.geocities.com/~Walter_Felix/myplans.html

The kit extends the steering linkage with a longer piece if you look at the
linkage there is a bolt about halfway down you unscrew that and once the
body goes up it will give you enough room to pull out the old piece and put
in the newer longer one.
The t-case knob will unscrew but it takes some real effort, i did it with
some channel locks and a rag, it took it off but it scratched up a bit.
As for handling there is really no difference I drive my truck like its a
sports car and the lift didn't really effect the handling at all. The
steering now has a slight clunk in it, its not bad but it noticable also
since I spun the steering wheel around while the linkage was undone my
steering wheel is not lined up exactly but thats my fault. You have the v6
so you shouldnt have any problems with the fan like I did.

Any other questions just ask...

Chris
93 V8 CC 4x4 Trailmaster 3" BL