Fear of Driving

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 19:58:23 EST

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I now consider myself 100% back to
normal with my driving after the accident. Two months of exposure therapy
by a psychologist and forcing myself had helped quite a bit, but it wasn't
complete. I had a lot of driving to do yesterday and my old instinct to grab
a CD before leaving. I hadn't even looked to see what I grabbed.

Once in the truck I popped in the CD and began driving. My usual fears and
nervousness were still there until the song "Radar Love" started and I just
drove normal for 2 hours. I couldn't believe it, rush hour and all, I was
still passing everyone on the street. When I got home yesterday, I thought
it was just conincidence so I tried it again today. Same thing -- no
problems whatsoever. On the way home today, I tried with no music and still
ok. I guess it took some good driving tunes to get over all the crap.

YEAH!!!! I'M BACK -- SO LOOK OUT!

I just wanted to share my good news with all the DMLers. I couldn't have
gotten through it without all of you!

Thanks,
Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd