Re: BFG Sport Truck T/As

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@SWBell.net)
Date: Sat Oct 31 1998 - 00:54:52 EST

Bob Tom wrote:

> Anyone running with BFGoodrich Sport Truck T/A HR4 tires?
>
> If so, are the improved traction and handling as
> advertised?
>
> Bob
> Burlington, Ontario, Canada
> tigers@bserv.com
>
> Current: '97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3,55 auto., Gibson dual, K&N filter element.
> '85 Shelby Turbo Charger, 2.2L, manual.
> '70 Challenger, 383-4bbl, auto.
> Past: '71 Road Runner, 340-4bbl, auto.
> '70 Duster 340, auto.
My Sis has them on her 97 f-150. They are the 285-60-16's, I think. They
look awesome, handle awesome, and are very sticky. The only problem is
that they are wearing really fast. Alignment and tire pressure are fine,
they are wearing even, just real fast. They were pretty expensive, but
the good thing is she can haul a heavy load w/ them. I really don't
think a Dak needs them, as they are an LT tire, unless you run around w/
a full load all the time.Passenger tires seem to work just fine for my
needs. The reason she got them is because she tows RV's for her business
sometimes and needed the LT rating, she wouldn't have gotten them
otherwise. They were also a pain in the ass to get, seems they are on
short supply. 20K and almost needs new ones already.

Sorry for the long post.

Erich 98 ext. cab v8 5spd.