Re: Automatic Trans / transgo info for all needing it

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 01:00:38 EST

Bob;
The Transgo valve body kit is a shift improver kit part # TFOD-HD2
Fits all of the 87 up TFOD'S ( a 500, a513, ).
It has a few springs and drill bits and a few valves. It isn't very hard to
do but it takes some time and you need to be sure everything is well cleaned
when you are done drilling everything.
The kit will firm up the shifts as well as change the shift points. It will
give you a much better overdrive engagement as well as a better converter
lock up. Also you will have a lot more adjustment with the TV cable due to
cutting off some of the throttle valve.
This is very nice in getting your shift points where you want them.
The one thing that I don't like is that at WOT the trany is going to shift
when it wants to even if you try to manually shift it. This just may be a
problem with mine but it done it before I put the kit in also. It should
shift firmer when manually shifting it and will not harm the trany in any
way . I am going to call Transgo on thursday to discuss this problem. I have
made some changes from what the kit instructions called for so I have been
consulting the tech line to make sure that it should work like I want it too
( drilled some of the holes larger than the kit said to).
When I get everything just right I will post all of the drill sizes along
with a detailed step by step do's and don'ts. I am sure I have done all the
don'ts.

Colin H.