Re: Re: RIM/TIRES questions for the pro's(Chris)

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 23:23:48 EST

<< just wondering are you going with the 4" or 5" trailmaster suspension
 lift?
 Also what made you decide to go suspension over Body?

 Chris >>

I decided that after 95,000 miles.....and when I put the lift on I am sure I
will have 115,000 or so miles on my Dakota....I figure that the suspension
will be getting a little saggy and worn , the rear of my truck is already
sagging. I think that Trailmster's 4 inch lift kit is quality, they sent me
the instructions to the kit and its very complete! I know it is $1200 and
another $500-700 to install it, but rather than throwing a $150 body lift on
it and having to deal with bumpers, fan shrouds, gas tank filler necks,
,steering shaft concerns....I would rather go all out and lift EVERYTHING, not
just the body. I want to know that my Dak looks nice and is lifted properly. I
hate to doing things half assed on my Dak and to me body lifts are half assed,
but I still having nothing against them. I weighed buying a new Dakota and
doing what I want to do with it. A new Dakota=$20K and doing everything on my
wish list is gonna be about $7-8K. Since my Dakota is paid off, I want it big
and bad. I am going to also I put some HD Sway A Way torsion bars on there as
well as some HD overload springs for the rear.
Kyle