1994 dakota sport 4x4 drive line noise.

From: Rick_Boehm@bc.sympatico.ca
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 02:53:37 EST

I have a noise from the trany, once put into gear and release the clutch normaly I hear
and feel a slight klunk, or what feels like a mount has broken and the motor or trany
is moving up and then resting again. I have checked all mounts and bolts, cross members
raer leaf spring pins, anything that could possibly make the noise but have not found
anything. The sound could be explained as somthing taking up slack once the clutch is
released. It can be felt in any forward gear change. The rear diff is in good shape so
I rule out rear end problems. Although I can make the noise unheard if sliping the clutch.
If anyone has the same noise or complaint, and or has fixed the problem please contact me.

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)