Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can I ride?

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 19:51:05 EST

>> now for my trivia... do you know HOW most of it was built? (the method
>for
>> clearing trees)
>>
>> Gary Shook
>
> by hand... then cats... explosives...
>
>jam'n

close... but wrong order...they started with the biggest Cats they could
get, with a MONSTER chain between them, and just powered through the forest,
knocking trees down as they went... the aftermath was cleaned up mostly by
hand, and explosives were used when rock was in the way...

(all this info from my grandfather, who lived in Alaska from 1950's to 1980
(when he passed on))

Gary Shook