Brake ?

From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 31 1998 - 13:37:17 EST

I finally got tired of my brakes squealing every time l stop. So I went out
and got new rear brake pads even though my rear pads are still in good shape.
While l was doing the brake job an old man who lives down the street came by
and told me to spray vinegar on the pads. He said the pads get hot and glaze
over which is what causes the squeal. According to him, the vinegar will
break down the glaze and make the pads run quiet again. Has anyone else ever
heard of this?

Russ