Re: RIM/TIRES questions for the pro's HELP!

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Sat Oct 31 1998 - 14:29:52 EST

At 10:42 AM 10/31/98 EST, you wrote:
>Ok well after my 4 inch Trailmaster is installed I plan on runnin
>32x11.50's tires on my truck, still not sure about what kind. I do have a
>question for you tire/rims experts: Trailmaster sent me a list suggesting
>various rim configurations for my 93 Dakota 4x4 with the 6-4.5 bolt circle.
>I need to know about this backspacing thing concerning 4x4's. The rims
>range from 3.58 inches, 3.75 and 3.5 inches backspacing....what exactly will
>these different sizes do for me, or what I am looking for as far as back-
>spacing on a rim? What size 15 incxh rim, widthwise is safe for a 11.5 inch
>wide tire??? 7, 8, or 8.5 inches? THANKS
>Kyle

I personally would recommend an 8 or 8.5 inch rim. When I bought my truck
it had 30 x 9.5's on a 15 x 6 inch rim. I just put a set of 33 x 14 TSL
Super Swamper Boggers on a 15 x 8 rim for his 89 Wrangler. They fit okay,
but really wouldn't go all out and recommend a 15 x 8 rim for those tires.
The recommended width was a 10 inch rim.

Hope this helps.

Brian