Re: Dakota crash

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 31 1998 - 18:00:34 EST

At 04:40 PM 10/31/98 +00-06, you wrote:
>Check this out from the same site that rates the Dak as poor in
>crashworthiness.
>
>http://www.hwysafety.org/crash/crashgen/ddr8.htm

  Wow!! That's amazing. (And just a little bit strange...) :-)

I'm convinced even more now that the tests which indicate the Dak
has poor crashworthiness must be a fluke. What these people are
saying just doesn't add up to the real world statistics. The Dakota
absolutely blows away all midsize and small pickups and the vast majority
of full size trucks as far as surviveability goes! If you haven't checked
this link out yet, take a look! Its pretty amazing!

  On an unrelated note, from looking at the data, it appears that your
chances of surviving a multiple vehicle accident are significantly
higher than for a single vehicle accident. I don't know what that
says exactly, but I found it interesting.

                                               -Jon-