Re: Spark Plug [reply]

From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 31 1998 - 18:37:11 EST

Thanks for the reply. I went to Pep Boys and got some Champion truck plugs.
Only problem was l could not get them in because of the metal sleeves that
cover the plugs (metal sleeves over the holes where the plugs screw in). I
remembered someone saying they took theirs off, so l did. Now the only
problem is l can actually see the spark when l look down at the plug. I know
this isn't right, but there is not enough room to use a socket to tighten the
plugs so l had to use my hands. I pulled the wire off the plug while the
engine was running and noticed no difference in the engine sounds. Since l
can see the spark, l assume the cyl. is actually firing, but why would the
cyl. not go dead when l pull the wire? Any and all advice appreciated.

Russ