Re: timing chain- my turn

From: Jim Dille (jdille@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 03 1998 - 10:24:39 EST

I've been having engine noises in my 93 3.9L that come and go
depending on RPM, and pinging on <92 oct gas. I was afraid it was a
skwonky timing chain, but now it looks like that may not be the case.
The latest theory is a bad bearing in a serpentine belt-tensioning
pulley (the noise), combined with a sticky EGR valve (the pinging).
Lots cheaper than a timing belt. I'll let you know what happens when I
get it into the shop.
- Jim
  Cinci, OH