Re: Codes, I got yer stinkin Codes right here!!

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 20:26:10 EST

In a message dated 11/2/98 5:06:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, tommyv@thecia.net
writes:

<< code 17: Coolent temp below normal (165.2 F) I have the 180 t-stat, I live
 in New England should I be concerned about this or is this something that
 happens normally with the 180 stat? I also had the system power flushed not
 to long ago, so the coolent is new.

 code 32: EGR system failure, anybody ever replace this (I'm sure) and how
 much of a pain in the butt was it, also about how much for the parts?

 code 45: Open/ short detected in the overdrive solenoid. Ummm, maybe I'm
 missing something here? But this sounds like a automatic trans code, I have
 a 5-speed!!? >>
Psycho!
   Sounds like everything is just about right! It senses that you dont have
the proper Thermo in! Thats good, The EGR is a 5 min job with a high price
tag, about 70 bucks! The open short thingy seems like no biggie if you have a
manual!!
Erics bit of worthless nonsense!