Codes, I got yer stinkin Codes right here!!

From: Thomas Vacchino (tommyv@thecia.net)
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 16:57:28 EST

Ok, time for my stupid questions again ;-o..............I just borrowed my
friends XP240 Diagnostic Scanner and let it rip on my '92 V-6. This is what
I got for trouble codes, and would like some input.

code 17: Coolent temp below normal (165.2 F) I have the 180 t-stat, I live
in New England should I be concerned about this or is this something that
happens normally with the 180 stat? I also had the system power flushed not
to long ago, so the coolent is new.

code 32: EGR system failure, anybody ever replace this (I'm sure) and how
much of a pain in the butt was it, also about how much for the parts?

code 45: Open/ short detected in the overdrive solenoid. Ummm, maybe I'm
missing something here? But this sounds like a automatic trans code, I have
a 5-speed!!?

I appreciate any input on any of these codes.

"psychonaut"