Re: Dakota Safety

From: Joe E Thomson (fordf-150_4x4@juno.com)
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 17:14:05 EST

Does that mean that is would be bad to be hit by one, or be in one that
is hit?

Joe T.
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Dark Green OR
Ford Ranger SuperCab 4x4 XLT Dark Blue with 4x4 Off-Road OR
Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4x4 SLT+ Black OR
Ford F-150 SuperCab 4x4 XLT Black with 4x4 Off-Road

On 2 Nov 1998 08:21:32 -0800 Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com writes:
> I believe it was the California DMV that did the survey a few
>months ago
>that rated the Dodge Dakota the #11 most deadly vehicle to be hit by,
>touting
>it's rugged construction and unwillingness to "give" in an accident.
>The
>Dodge Ram and Ram Van were tied at the #1 most lethal vehicles to be
>hit by.
>The survey called for car manufacturers to make trucks and SUV's less
>rugged
>so they don't kill people. I got a good laugh out of this since the
>entire
>reason you need a truck or SUV is for RUGGEDNESS! DOH!
> Never trust the government/agency findings, they are only pointers.
> The
>real test is the death/injury rate. This is released by the
>government every
>year. I don't know if it's on the web or not. Even the governement
>will tell
>you that crash testing is not an exact indicator of vehicle
>performance in
>crashes. Some vehicles excell in certain tests and fail in others.
>
>Shaun H.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]