Dakota Safety

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 11:21:32 EST

   I believe it was the California DMV that did the survey a few months ago
that rated the Dodge Dakota the #11 most deadly vehicle to be hit by, touting
it's rugged construction and unwillingness to "give" in an accident. The
Dodge Ram and Ram Van were tied at the #1 most lethal vehicles to be hit by.
The survey called for car manufacturers to make trucks and SUV's less rugged
so they don't kill people. I got a good laugh out of this since the entire
reason you need a truck or SUV is for RUGGEDNESS! DOH!
   Never trust the government/agency findings, they are only pointers. The
real test is the death/injury rate. This is released by the government every
year. I don't know if it's on the web or not. Even the governement will tell
you that crash testing is not an exact indicator of vehicle performance in
crashes. Some vehicles excell in certain tests and fail in others.

Shaun H.