Re: 3.9 vs 5.2 -Reply

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 06:50:00 EST

V6 vs V8......
Add two cylinders to the 6 and you have the eight. Add two cylinders to the 8
and you have the 10.

I had an 87 Dak V6. It was carbonated though. Specs said it put out 125 hp @
4000 somethin RPM's. This was about the same as my bro's 84 F150 w/ 302 and he
was faster than I. The difference lied with torque output. My 92 Dak has the
magnum V8 and, well, add two cylinders, port injection and 100+ HP. I still
would like to have an ole 87 sixer, put on a 4bbl intake w/ a 390 cfm carb,
race heads, keith black pistons, better cam, yadda yadda yadda...and maybe a
little N juice....now thats a mean sixer!

As far as comparing magnum 3.9's vs magnum 5.2's I cant tell ya much there,
but I like the saying..*There's no replacement for displacement.* Mike????
Whats that saying?????
C-ya on the 7th!
Boog