Re: 3.9 vs 5.2 -Reply (Ed)

From: Mike Styer (mstyer@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 02:21:47 EST

At 09:41 PM 01-11-98 -0500, you wrote:
>Ed I drove my friends brothers Durango last night, it has a v8, what a
>dog. I think my 6 runs alot stronger. Maybe its apples to oranges?
>Regards, Bob

I've got a hard time trying to compare engines, too. The only other
Dak-like comparisons to my 93 V6 5-speed CC aren't many:

A 1994 V6 5-speed RC- seemed slower than mine. The shifter felt different
too. On launch though, it felt the same (atleast for a few seconds) so I
think the rear gearing was the same.

A 98 V8 RC 4x4 5-speed - was really hard to compare anything because of the
4x4. The power did feel better in the midrange though. It sounded great too.

d_houk's 92 SLT V8 auto CC- lower geared rearend and auto matic made it
hard to compare anything, and didn't really like where the auto shifted.

So after all this rambling and test driving, I still don't have a good feel
for the power I'd like to have.

Mike S.
Nashville