Re: No Regulator Testing-Rained Out

From: TXSTIM@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 03 1998 - 20:47:51 EST

<< I NEED an adjustable regulator, tell me what you got, please? Thanks.

At this point it's not the regulator that's giving me decent times. It's the
headers, 3" exhaust (no cat), Mopar ECM, K&N filter, March pulleys, ported TB,
and M/T tires mostly. I converted to a full recirculating fuel system out of
fear that the #2 cylinder could lean out with the stock system (In retrospect
I think I musta been smokin' something funny when I came up with that one.).
Fuel comes in the rear of the passenger side rail through AN braided travels
through that rail, crosses over at the front of the intake into the driver's
side rail and out into a Mallory adj. regulator, and then back into the tank.
Pump is an external high volume.

>From what I read on the list, at WOT the ECM puts the fuel curve into a fixed
pulse width (ignores O2 sensor). If this is correct, and the ECM doesn't get
creative based on part throttle information, adjusting the regulator should
allow tailoring of the A/F ratio. I really have no idea what I'm talking
about, but I'll try most anything once....