Re: Was no Reg. test-rained out

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 16:03:22 EST

> Anyway, my biggest gripe is, How
> can a motor that displaces 360 ci be only a few ponies more than a 318.

Alan, I think if you have the 360 at least you have a good building
block for extra horsepower. Yep, Chrystler should have beefed up
the cam a little more. You would expect the them to carry on the 50
horsepower average between engines...2.5-125hp....3.9-175hp...5.2-
230hp and maybe 5.9-280hp.(I know the 5.9 is 250hp). This I believe
would have been ideal, with a few mods your there at 300.

> Not to mention the rest of the BIG 3,they seem to be makeing more with
> less. I believe Z-28's are up to 320 HP(SS) on a 350 while Ford is
> makeing about 330 HP also with a 4.9L(Cobra).

My own opinion for what its worth, look at the price tag between
$25K-$30K sports cars (not to mention insurance) $18K-$24K for the
Sport, R/T. You've got the cubes and with a little money for the
cam and upgrades, you're where they are in hp. I have the 318 in
my Magnum R/T (Sport upgrade). Hp is comming up and on top of all
things is its still a very practical "truck"...ouch! I know I'm
a little off your concerns here, but try hauling a camper, boat
or even heaver load with a rustang or a z-28. Yeah, don't jump!
With a few upgrades you'll be ahead, and those smaller cubed
engines will be wearing out!

GS -